Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Back on track

I'm finally back in Vegas after a long trip to Atlantic City for the Borgata Winter Poker Open. This month I've decided that I'm going to be spending time with loved ones and relaxing. Which means no LAPC for me, but plenty of Venetian Deepstack tournaments to get my poker fix. Stop by and say hello if you see me at the tables.
Flying in Friday night I was greeted in baggage claim with a huge bouquet of flowers by someone that kind of looked like my boyfriend. After being gone for three weeks I barely recognized Heath after all his training. He's fighting March 1st and all day everyday he's getting ready to kick some ass.


Heath got a room for the weekend at Mandalay Bay. Not only was it Superbowl weekend, but the UFC fights were going on. This was my first UFC fight and it was a great experience, especially having the "Texas Crazy Horse" by my side. We watched Frank Mir's win against Brock Lesnar which was great to see. Photo on the right. Lesnar can't honestly think he can walk into the UFC from the WWE and have a shot to win the heavyweight title. By the way it belongs to someone with the intials HRH or better known as HTCHH. Y'all can figure that one out.

Sunday was spent playing poker at Mandalay and the Red Rock. I must say playing poker against people that were more interested in watching the Superbowl was easier than shooting fish in a barrel. I didn't even need to look at my cards and would still win pots, no joke. Sigh. If only everyday was that easy.

The following day was a long one. Waking up at 5:30am we had to catch an early flight to Seattle. I had never been to this beautiful city and it already lived up to its standards. It rained the whole day. What a surprise. Regardless it's a great place and we'll be back again. Not to mention it's close to Vancouver, so next time I'll make a quick run for the border.

Getting back home was quite a relief, but I'm still trying to catch up with everything. I'll be making sure to keep up with this blog as much as I can. And if that's not enough for y'all, I'm also writing a weekly blog at Poker Listings. Make sure to check it out. I'm so happy to be part of their team of bloggers and it will be a great way to share my poker experiences in a way that forces me to write better blogs.

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! May this year bring much luck and happiness.

No comments: