Sunday, February 10, 2008

Old Skool

I found an old contact sheet from when I was 17 and modeling. This was back in the day when you didn't have digital cameras to look back and fix anything. I specifically remember this shoot and how much fun it was. Perfect day, with the exception of wind, but I was with my favorite photographer and makeup artisst. The wind interference was at least fun to laugh about. If you look at the last pic you can see my favorite shot of the day and understand why. It's crazy to look back and see the progress in technology and how it's changed even the modeling industry. Contact sheets had to be printed out with each row of film you shot. With the pics being so tiny you had to use a loop to magnifiy them. From that point your agent would check mark which ones would end up in print. Now all the photographer has to do is point, shoot and look to see if the shot is right; saving a week long process. Pretty cool.

3 comments:

Valder137 said...

Personally, as an old school style pfotographer, I look back on those days with nostalgia. I am not a fan of the changes in technology, especially as they apply to modelling and other fields of photography, as digital editing "saves" many non top-tier photographers and not quite there models. Yes, I realize back in the day many photographers used to airbrush their shots for better results (I could show you my Senior Portrait a local photog took of me as an example...), but I didn't believe in doing that, either. A lot of photographers and models will disagree with me on this, I am sure, but...hey, that's why we all have opinions!

Alex Lee Behan said...

Lace... You haven't changed a bit! You look just as gorgeous then as you do now. Actually.. I think you look more beautiful now than you did then. Thanks for sharing. I had old school contact sheets too! Now you make me want to go and dig them out somewhere. haha. Those were the good ol days.

(MISS YOU)

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Derrick Law said...

I gotta echo Alex's comments Lacey, you looked then and now... mahhhhvelous!