Saturday, February 9, 2008

Too much fun at the .99c only store

The only store that you'll find more crap than a saturday morning garage sale, and it's cheaper too. Heath and I were running errands and needed to buy some hangers. I had the bright idea of going to the .99c store, since it was next to where we were shopping at. If you haven't been in one of these stores and need a good laugh you must head over there... pronto. Last time I had been inside one was years ago and I had the time of my life. Dunk off my ass with a few girlfriends we needed to get presents for a White Elephant Party. I think I almost peed in my pants from all the racous we made. The icing on the cake was my girlfriend knocking over a display o' crap and falling flat on her ass.


This time was just as fun and I was as sober as a nun. We went down each isle and each one had at least 5-10 items that would make you laugh. If it wasn't the name of the product it was the product itself. Old VHS tapes of the 2000 election BUSH vs GORE, more do rags than you know what to do with, pink hambuger helper, and large ceramic penguins are only the tip of the iceberg. In all seriousness, they do have plenty of items that are a great deal. Things like AA batteries, sponges, and crazy colored nail polish were quickly tossed into the basket.


Also if you're into people watching, you're in luck. This just so happens to be the prime spot for all those interesting characters that you see from time to time. And again I'm not saying everyone in the store is a wack job, normal people shop there too. It does seem like the ratio of ordinary people vs. mental patients happens to be a little off when compared to a regular supermarket.


And to save the best part for last... As we we checking out we heard the intercom with a woman's concerned voice, "Price check on lane 5." Heath and I laughed to the point tears were in our eyes. Good times.



By the way if you're looking for white hangers the .99c store is not the place.

1 comment:

Valder137 said...

lol. Sounds about like the reason I go to Wal-Mart at 3am on the way home from work, lmfao