Thursday, January 10, 2008

A much needed day off...

Can you believe it?! Two blogs from Lacey, not only in the same week, but one on Wednesday and now again on Thursday. Haha. Yes I'm psychic and I know that's at least what my Mom is thinking. Btw, I love you Mommy! ( have to say that, sorry guys) Just got back from my run with Heath. If you want to call it a run. Usually my workouts have been in the house or a gym. Moving from Manhattan Beach to Las Vegas has forced me away from running along the Ocean and climbing my secret lover, the Manhattan Beach Sand Dune. The photo I added is the view from my room before I moved. I miss those days!Now it's machines, free weights and a few of my favorite exercise videos. Today I decided to be a little different and go running with Heath at a park nearby where we live. It's a beautiful day today in Las Vegas. The sun is shining and the weather is a cool 55F degrees. I was super pumped to go running outside. Just like the good ol' days, not to mention running alongside my main squeeze was exciting for me since it was our first time. The park is actually pretty cool. It's has a 1 mile circumference with a huge field of grass for people to play soccer in the middle. Two Eastern European teams were practicing and you could hear them talking in a different language. *I love hearing people speak other languages; I'm weird, I know. Getting out of the car I did my stretches, put the sunglasses on, and set the ipod to Britney Spears. Yes everyone hates Britney, but damn her new CD is the shizzz! You get almost a full hour of great beats that really push you to go the extra mile. Any who, tangents galore when I'm writing a blog. Then we were off. Getting to about a quarter of a mile in I noticed that my face and skin were getting really itchy. Ignoring the problem I kept pushing to keep the same pace as Heath. Half a mile in, my lungs felt like they were on fire and I couldn't breathe. Memories of my track running days came flooding back. It's that damn Bermuda grass! The grass on the field is dried up and dead and with the slight breeze you get the dead husks from the grass swirling around in the air. My only problem is I'm allergic to that crap. As a child I couldn't even sit on grass without immediately getting a itchy rash that would turn my legs red and blotchy. Needless to say I had to walk the rest of the half mile and go to the car. Migrane in tow. So here I am with a little more free time to write a blog. Need to chill out before finishing my run on the treadmill at the house. LAME. Looks like we'll have to find somewhere like Red Rock to run around.
Finally I have a free day! Only thing important to do is workout, make some phone calls and get plenty of beauty rest for another photoshoot tomorrow. The shoot is a fashion spread featuring the new stores at the Palazzo, Venetian's new tower. I can't wait! It's an early call time, so gotta finish running and get to bed. Catch up with y'all soon! :)

3 comments:

Valder137 said...

Awesome...except for the allergy part. That sucks. I almost miss running some days...until I go and do it and my old knees start acting up...

Alex Lee Behan said...

Hope you felt better for your shoot! Can't wait to see the pictures! MISS YOU! xoxo

Lacey Jones said...

Thanks guys. I felt much better later that night. I'll post more pics tonight! :)