Alright kids the weekend is finally here! What's every one's plans? If you didn't say coming to Atlantic City to play the Borgata Poker Open, you might want to reconsider. Here's my personal top ten list on why everyone should head on down. Unlike Letterman these will be in no particular order... and not quite as funny.
10. $3,500 WPT main event. It's like you get a coupon for 65% off on a televised TV final table! Everyone loves discounts these days.
9. There is a 2 million guaranteed prize pool. To reach this we would need 607 players and if you've looked at previous number of entrants you'll see that Borgata will blow that number out of the water! Can we say 1.5 mill for first? No, they can't but I sure the heck will.
8. 30k in chips - Boom!
7. Borgata has the BEST tournament structures on the circuit as well as the best tournament director, staff and dealers. Ask anyone and they'll tell you.
6. Softest field in the US right now. With WSOPE going on in London many big name pros will be stuck on the other side of the pond. Not to mention lowering the buy in allows many "new fishes" to test the waters, as a $10k buy in is too steep these days to just give it a shot.
5. Two starting days. Saturday and Sunday for you to choose. This works perfectly with all wanting to play Sunday's big tournaments online.
4. Speaking of playing online... If you mention you're in the poker tournament while checking in you'll get free Internet in your room for your entire stay! (you can thank my peeps - Ray Stefanelli for that one)
3. Poker rates for the week have been lowered and start at $79. At this price you could get your own room and not have to sleep with four smelly poker playing dudes.
2. Good eats. All the amazing restaurants at Borgata will have your tummy full, happy and ready to play perfect poker.
1. Why wouldn't you play this event??
Football is here, but that means Hockey is right around the corner! WooT!! Here's SC's top ten best hockey moments in the penalty box. Man I love hockey! Enjoy!