Sunday, December 16, 2007

I'm home!

Well the 13 hour flight was awsome and so was the airplane food... pause... NOT! I've almost had my fill of traveling, which never happens for me. Must be the jet lag talking. Either way, my stay in the Philippines was the best one yet. After the last blog, I made the decision to turn off my computer for the rest of the trip. There was so much to do and less than a week left. The Ring of Fire turned out to be a great sucess. Team Shamrock and Barnett both won all of their fights (5 each) and turned out Tanya on Ken Shamrock's team won for fight of the night. You rock girl! Heath's good friend Mike Whitehead also won which was great for us to see. Mike is the one in the photo with Ken's back to the camera. Sitting ring side was pretty intense, but I loved every second of it. This was my 2nd MMA fight I had been to and I think I'm finally ready to watch Heath's next UFC fight. As long as I have a couple Valiums first! Watching these guys go at it is a lot for a little girl from Texas to watch. Especially when the fighter's nose gets broken. But about 15 minutes into the fight I really started to enjoy all of it. Sitting with the wives and hearing them yell, "Finish him!" was just about the coolest thing I heard all night. That and a comment from Bill telling us there would be no strippers at the after party; Only to walk into a strip club with 20 Filipino girls there to greet us. LOL. Oh and one more quote from Mike.
The after party was actually a lot of fun especially with the on going joke of the night that there would be no strippers at the party. Everytime we saw Bill walk by one of the wives would chime, " Hey Bill, great party, but it needs some strippers." This was the first time Heath and I have been to a strip club together, if you can believe it. Now that I've done this, I know I'll have no problem going to the Rhino from now on. Everyone had a great time... some more than others. :)

But the best part of the night, which I will always remember was the cab ride home. Heath, Mike and I all decided it was time to leave so we stepped out of the smokey club into the rain and jumpped into the first cab available. The cab driver spoke only a little bit of english and looked quite shocked to see two big fighters get into his car. Mike rode shotgun and quickly noticed that the car didn't have any lights. " Hey man, you realize your lights aren't on? Oh wait the gas light is on and he's on E!" We all laughed, even the cabbie. For those of you that don't know, the drivers in Manila are crazy, there is no such thing as lanes and for the most part they signal by honking their horn. But you never see any accidents, so their system is working, I guess. The cab driver was pretty good aside from the speeding and cutting off a row of people stopped at the red light- as per Mike's orders. He even started honking for the driver, about every minute or so. We couldn't stop laughing. Even when we came 2 inches from ramming into a bus that was merging. Quote of the night after our near death experience-

Mike: Hey I think I just pooped myself back there. You know what 'pooped myself' means?


Alright time to force myself to sleep. I'll be posting about the rest of our trip soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I think i met you in fulltilt, or someone claiming to be you, and checked out your site. And even if it wasn't you, I just wanted to say that you have the most INCREDIBLE life. Poker, beaches, UFC, beautiful people everywhere. Man, I cant wait to get there, and I will. Just wondering, what is your Fulltilt nickname? If it was you you might remember chatting breifly with an observer that said Kathy Leibert was his dream gal.
Peace, chris aka Handrailed -FTP