Friday, December 7, 2007

Having the best time in Manila!




We are one day away from the fight and things are b-u-s-y. I'm lucky to get some free time while Heath is running around doing interviews from tv show to radio and back to more tv shows. While I'm waiting in the room for an inhouse massage, I decided this is the only time, untill after the fight, that I'll get a chance to blog.

So far we have explored all around Manila, but have yet to travel to the beaches. Hopefully after Sunday we can make a quick trip, as long as another coup attempt doesn't happen. Two days before we arrived in Manila, the former Vice President, Government officials and other rogue military officers drove an amored personnel carrier right through the front on the Peninsula Hotel. That would be like Al Gore and a bunch of Democrats storming a 5 star hotel in the middle of D.C. and demand that President Bush resign. Which in my eyes, would be really "effen" cool. Sadly I won't be visiting the Peninsula for their famous Halo Halo like I did on my last trip to Manila. Halo Halo is a Filipino dessert with different types of ice cream, coconut, toasted rice and other yummy goodies. You have to try it if you ever visit the Philippines.

Out of all the places in the world I have visited, the people here are the nicest and most polite. Everyone speaks Engligh (some better than the Americans back home) and Tagalog. Most Filipinos don't see caucasians very often, so... Heath and I have been getting A LOT of attention. Think of two Texans, one blonde and the other 6'4, walking down the street. It's quite a funny sight. Now think of 20 fighters and a hord of other white people all in one hotel... looks like we are staging our own coup attempt. Just kidding. Well that's all I have time to write for now. Maybe I can sneek some time in after dinner tonight. ;)

No comments: